Header

Header

Saturday 7 July 2012

Orange you lovely?

This week, my Mr. and I made the long drive to Rockhampton.  Every time I make this drive I make a mental note to stop in the town of Westwood where there is a property with gorgeous rows of citrus trees and a little wooden stall out the front.  On this trip, this is exactly what we did.  Away we came with two enormous bags - one of mandarins and one of navel oranges, all picked that morning.  This is just the best way to buy produce and easily, the cheapest.  Oh, don't they look cheery sitting in the fruit bowl, filling the house with colour and the aromas of the freshed of fruit.

Now, you and I both know that there is but one thing to do with an overload of beautiful, ripe fruit...bake with it!  Funnily enough, our little tummy bug is the size of a navel orange this week, so how appropriate that I should be cooking with them.  If you were in my house right now, your sense of smell would be overwhelmed with the sweet, sharp scent of the Whole Orange Cake that I currently have in the oven.  Just wait until you see pictures of it...you won't be able to help but want to make it yourself.

More to come later...
F. x

No comments:

Post a Comment